Friday, January 29, 2010

Logo Design : Process

As I began the development process for this logo design, I first took the time to create a concept that I wanted to project using the logo. The MFA has many defining characteristics from the structure of the building to the audience that visits every day. For this logo assignment I chose to focus on the unique architecture of the building and the way in which it was designed. The building was originally created in such a way that allowed for additions to be easily made. The building was essentially built in stages. The museum has undergone numerous expansions throughout it’s existence. I wanted to focus on this unique architectural design and planning technique. The focus of my logos is building in stages, or pieces. Below area variety of logos I have begun to develop using this concept.

Below are several types of logo designs: wordmarks, pictoral, letterform, emblem, and abstract. I did have a lot of trouble trying to create a character logo for this organization. While the MFA is an institute for learners and intellectuals, I felt that a cartoon-like character mascot would not do the museum justice and would not be a good path for this type of organization to take.


























No comments:

Post a Comment